Thursday, July 16, 2009

Scorpio meets Cancer.



Since today is Taylor's birthday I wanted to do something special for him. So I woke up early and took the dog out to pee so he could do what he loves most: sleep.

Now I'm going to rattle off a top-ten list of why my husband is amazing.

  • He totally gets me.
  • We laugh at the EXACT same things for the EXACT same reasons.
  • He never points out my flaws or criticizes what I'm wearing.
  • He lets me hog the computer and doesn't judge me for spending hours reading celebrity gossip online.
  • He is a man of and devoted to God.
  • He laughs when I try to be funny.
  • He doesn't gossip and talk about other people's business, ever.
  • He is hilarious, incredibly brilliant, open-minded, and gets along with anyone.
  • He is a true boy scout at heart; he loves adventure and the outdoors.
  • He had me at 'hello.'
It's crazy what we both went through to get to each other.

Who knew that his and my brother Dustin's baby announcement would be in the same Sunday paper back in 1982? Who knew that I played T-ball with his sister when I was 6 or 7? Who knew that he drove past me every morning while I waited for the bus when I was in jr. high, ...that he graduated with my brother and I with his sister...that we both went to the Highland singles branch and sat in the same room for nearly three hours...that he worked in the produce section at Winco and I shopped there almost every other day...that one of his best friends married one of my oldest friends from childhood....

We had so many opportunities to meet as we crossed each other's paths, but thanks to the universe, the timing of us actually meeting couldn't have been more perfect. When people ask how we met, I tell them it's one of those "Scorpio meets Cancer, Cancer and Scorpio fall in love, Scorpio and Cancer get married" type of stories. Love you so much, Taylor. Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

so wonderful! you are so great! happy birthday taylor

Phil G. said...

who was your oldest friends from childhood that married his best friend?

Phil G. said...

P.S. I guess I am on Phils page and not mine but this is mandy and I can not wait til you guys get home!!