Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just something for your viewing pleasure.

I'm not much of a cook. I was usually on dish duty growing up, so my skills are mostly honed on scrubbing and sanitizing. Honest to goodness, when I got married, I didn't know how to cook chicken. Thank you Food Network for teaching me that I can do hard things.






Tonight's menu was BBQ blackened chicken (blackened was more of an oopsie), Rice a Roni (I recommend preparing it in the microwave-cooks more thoroughly), and a simple green salad w/Italian dressing. This one's for you, mom!

3 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

trust me i didnt know how to cook when we first got married either. the extent of my cooking knowlege was toasted bagels and easy mac. just the other day i had to ask how to cook a FROZEN pizza. crap! :) oh well. they either deal with what we cook or do it themselves! :) its a learning process!

stephani said...

nice work! i rely solely on cookbooks. the only thing im good at is following instructions. VERY explicit instructions. so if anyone ever asks me how i made something...i claim temporary amnesia.

sam and kyrsten said...

i had a dream last night that i worked at mrs. powells again. it wasnt a very pleasant nights sleep! :)