Monday, July 13, 2009

obsessed with beauty

Ok this is kind of personal, but part of my nightly ritual involves burrowing into my sheets with my dog and watching youtube clips on my phone until I'm sleepy, then I turn on Pandora to fall asleep to music. I go through phases, but I usually listen to Thom Yorke or opera to drift off to. Last night, I decided to listen to Celine Dion just for kicks. Whether you are a diehard Celine fan or not, her lyrics are crazy good. That woman has a great set of lungs, but the best part is now that I'm married, I finally understand what she's singing about. One of my all time favorites, "Power of Love," has a totally different meaning to me now than it did when I was in 9th grade. I can't believe I listened to such heavy music at such a young, naive age. It is seriously so seductive and semi-gross knowing she's singing about her 90 year old husband. But I can appreciate her passion and I can appreciate her for using her talent to put unselfish love into words so beautifully. Even if her voice gives you a headache, I'm about 67% sure her music will reach down into your soul and remind you why you love your significant other.

No comments: