Friday, January 1, 2010

Your fireworks woke me up last night, jerk face.

Because I insist on seeing the silver lining in everything bad, I'm going to deviate from the consensus that 2009 was a crappy year. There were actually a lot of really good things that surfaced this year and I would be amiss to not acknowledge those things.

January 2009- got a calling in church with Taylor as Temple coordinators. Allowed us to go at least once a month for the first five months of our marriage. However, we never did sessions and when I came back from California and went with the ward to do a session, I forgot almost everything. SO embarrassing.

February- got a new puppy, named him Jonas to be funny, regretting it now.

March- Phil and Mandy tied the knot, so we could all hang out as married couples, whereas before it wasn't as cool to hang out when some of us were married and some of us weren't. ;)

April- Saw "Wicked" and loved it. I listened to the soundtrack maybe a million times, and even more while in California.

May- Put on a cute dance recital (all by myself) and managed to pack my life up and move to Sacramento two hours later.

June- Spent everyday poolside or at the park with my posse: Maren, Jonas, and Tito. Floated the American River, swung from a rope, slept in, watched television for hours, and fed my Don Draper obsession with Mad Men dvds.

July- Decided one day to try out the Citrus Heights library. Figured I'd check out a bunch of books and sit outside and read. After two hours of being at a bum-friendly fixture, I decided to walk back to my apartment. Taylor was in another city doing an install that would take two hours, then he had another one right after that, and I didn't know which bus to get on. Two hours and a quick stop at the mall later, I arrived home to an anxious Jonas. Funniest and most eventful day that summer. Oh did I mention it was during the hottest spell of the year? It was.

August- Discovered yoga. I know, I've been exposed my entire life, but have never actually tried it. It was close enough to ballet, which I liked, more comfortable than barre exercises, yet equally as challenging. My back pains healed themselves, my knees improved, and I felt stronger overall. I anxiously signed up for ballet III and Modern III for the fall semester, stronger than I have ever been in my life.

September- Came home, started school, started up again at Mrs. Powell's, lived with mom and dad. Happy to be up and about, while Taylor stayed home with the dogs. Reunited with my friends. Happy to be back and breathe dry Idaho air with a hint of manure. Loved holding my nieces and nephews. I missed them the most.

October- Found ourselves needing to find a place to call our own. Johnny hooked us up with an adorable two-story home in a wonderful neighborhood, and the best part was that it was within our ward boundaries. Oh and it had a fenced backyard for the doggies. Major blessing.

November-Moved into our new "home." We were blessed again when Taylor was offered a job at the site, after waiting months of following up. I turned 25 and decided my body is telling me something. Prayed and got an answer.

December- Had a major epiphany about my life and decided to, once again, change my major. I'll discuss it more when I get accepted and going, hopefully this semester. Got Taylor registered for his generals, that his work will pay for. My job was a mess for a few weeks, then we just decided it's time for a major change, which I'll write more about later. My sister had her fifth baby. Liam Bryce, after his deceased uncle Bryce Millward.

Life has been ever-changing this past year, and unpredictable to say the least. But I am so happy with where it took me and I am happy to be where I am at this very moment. Honestly, the best part of my entire year was the summer break in a new place with new faces, having a lot of time to ponder and pray for answers. The biggest lesson I learned was that as long as I'm working hard, at something-anything-, I receive my answers, and extra forms of mercy, so this just confirms what I've been taught my entire life is true, regardless of the economy woes or sudden deaths. It's good to be validated after years of struggling, wondering if it's worth it.

It is.

Cheers 2009.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

sam and kyrsten said...

lovely post. your a lovely person.