Friday, June 26, 2009

thoughts zig-zagged

What a weird summer. I think it all started when I decided I have a thing for Jewish actors. Hard to explain but all my favorite TV personalities all happen to be pictured below.


Then the outbreak of protest in Tehran. It's hard not to feel enraged with the unfair outcome, the rights and freedoms that have been suppressed, brutality on the streets, imprisonment, and innocent lives that have been taken in effort to reclaim democracy. If I could, I would spend my summer rallying the streets. I'm not much of a protester, but my heart goes out to those who are fighting the good fight. If I could do more, I would.

Next, my favorite gossip blogger who I have been following for years now, Perez Hilton, got clocked in the eye, or something. I'm actually not at all surprised he got attacked, I'm shocked with the words he used.

Finally, two celebrity deaths in one day. It's all over the internet and I don't want to contribute to the influx when I didn't really grow up with them. I do have a special place in my heart for Michael and I feel for him. Something that sticks out to me is his love for llamas.


So, on a personal note, nothing new or exciting has developed other than feeling peaceful on a consistent basis. It could be attributed to the wringing out of emotions in the last five weeks; crying, along with sun bathing, has not only been therapeutic, but healing. I'm learning to sit and read without stopping. I just finished Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise. Now I'm conquering Main Street by Sinclair Lewis. So far, a good read.

On a livelier note, I've decided to be a vegetarian for a while. I don't even really like meat, especially cheap meat like ground beef and chicken breasts. However, on cheat days, if I decide I want a steak or lamb chop with chutney dressing or A1 sauce, I'm all over it.

1 comment:

sam and kyrsten said...

i think you are pretty much the radest person ever.