Tuesday, May 19, 2009

come on gabba gabba


The einernet is finally up and running. We have officially made it to the promised land and wow it's great here. People are friendly and will just talk to ya at the swimming pool like it's normal. The drive went well, and I didn't get a wink of sleep. We drove all day Sunday, stopped in the middle of nowhere Nevada, then again in the middle of nowhere somewhere else. Then we hauled it through the Sierra's and Taylor did a wonderful job of not driving off the side of the mountain. Jonas didn't make a single peep or turd in the backseat. Then we arrived all greasy and baggy eyed. Chris and Daneile warmly greeted and fed us even though Jonas decided to take a dump on their carpet. Then we ran a few legit errands (you need toilet paper even if it's Sunday), sorta unpacked, took cool showers, and realized the only form of entertainment we had on hand was some Mad Men from Netflix. Luckily we hadn't watched it yet, so I watched about two seconds of that and then I was asleep. Felt so goood. I definitely loved not having to wake up at the butt crack of dawn the next morning too. I slept in til about noon because that's how I roll when I don't have to be somewhere until 1. Went to the office for a bit,, grocery shopped some more, then took a relaxing dip in the pool. Taylor was hanging out taking apart his XBOX for some reason. The strawberries here are amazing. Good for my digestive health too. My nice cousin from LA Chris emailed me and said I look like the younger version of actress Rachel Blanchard. He's so sweet.

ohh yeahhhhh. Recital went really well.
Four dances, 10 dancers, a lot of helpful moms and supportive dads...I think my blood pressure dropped significantly just after that alone. can ya tell I'm not a fan of stress?! But then again, I tend to do better when I have it. Ahhh..guess it's time to go throw Taylor's old Apex and Firstline work shirts away since he won't stop wearing them, even though Chris has told him a million times to. Things are great. and we are excited for this California summer and the adventures it has in store for us. check back and I'm sure you'll hear about something really crappy happening, like a maggot infestation or heat stroke. I'm not promising anything though.

2 comments:

John and Maren Williams said...

glad to hear you're liking it so far, I am jealous.... we still don't know what we are doing! go swimming and go enjoy some fish tacos from Rubio's for me :)

Vince and Ashley said...

Hey Vanessa! I'm so glad you are here to witness just how cute Mya is! Haha, just kiddin! If you want to be able to run 3 miles, just come work out with us. We go at 8 in the a.m. Mon-Fri. It's fun but very very challenging!