Saturday, May 23, 2009

co-reate



Let me describe my current situation.
AC and ceiling fan oscillating above my head. Laptop in my lap as I sit in this plump oversized love seat. I'm finishing up one more episode of Barefoot Contessa then will resume watching some Mad Men that arrived in the mail just barely. Letting the rice cool before I devour some steamed veggies and rice smothered in italian dressing. One of my all time favorites, thanks to Jenn. Jonas contently going back and forth between chewing his toy and napping in the nook of the couch. I think the most strenous thing I'll have to do today is compile a list of groceries and maybe accompany Taylor at Winco for some together time.

I'm not trying to rub my perfect life in, but holy cow. I haven't had this much 'me' time since I can remember. Last summer was pretty laid back, except I had a rambunctious doggie living with me who took priority over everything. I have been watching more TV in this week alone than I have ever watched in the entirety of my existence. And I have also discovered the joys of sleeping in til ten. Heaven.


I actually watched the entire two hours of So You Think You Can Dance. It really makes me want to get back into dancing. Except I'm super annoyed with the latest trend of modern dance. I can't explain- I just don't like it. It's almost too pretentious and overdone. It's just because I love extensions and technique and I hate Hair Flying around in their FACES! It sorta reminds me of what Steph and I used to make fun of whenever we danced around our living room. A lot of spastic movements that very well could have been made up on the spot, with a few 'bajingo' shot leg lifts and hair flipping. HATE IT. It equivaltes the same as Locking and popping, to me, except I enjoy watching Locking a lot more. I also enjoy watching Ciara and Beyonce in their leotards more than I like watching the "lyrical" dancers. On a positive note, I do enjoy Nigel's comments. Constructive and sincere, which I appreciate.


I used to enjoy Jon and Kate plus 8, even though Jon actually did kinda give me the creeps and Kate was kinds of a hoochie and rude to Jon. It doesn't surprise me at all, especially with hair like that. I can't wait til they get their shiz figured out so we can get on with our lives.

Well I'll finish this off with a few pictures of a HGTV home makeover that I absolutley loved.

2 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

you pretty much rock.

stephani said...

hey thanks Vanessa! I sure miss her a lot. I am glad you guys are going to be able to come :) I hope you have a safe trip! Ill see you tomorrow! Loves - Steph