Monday, May 23, 2011

A picture and a letter

Dear food,

Remember that time I got sick whenever I tried to eat anything substantial? That was a really, really, really hard time for me, because not only did I love you, I needed you. It's not your fault that I kept throwing you up. Don't feel bad. Since January 13th, 2011 we have been on awesome terms. We meet up about 10 times a day and I am making up for lost time and wasted memories of what could have been a great, calorie-filled summer, complete with fourth of july bbq's, family reunions, and everyday outings to the restaurants I love. I am currently eating Swedish Fish, because I can, and because they are delicious. They fill my heart with joy and give me the energy to provide nourishment for my baby in the NICU. (Don't know if you heard my baby is in the NICU). Thank you, food, for pulling through and renewing my belief in your healing powers. Thank you for grilled cheese sandwiches and fried zucchini, two of my faves right now. I'm so thankful to be able to enjoy your existence again. God speed.

Forever yours,
Vanessa

smittenkitchen.com

1 comment:

John and Maren Williams said...

Wow, I've been behind on your blog posts. They haven't been popping up on my BLog whenever you do a new post. Time to catch up!