Wednesday, October 27, 2010

what a day

I'm getting slightly more irritable with people lately. I would compare it to PMS, which is weird because I should be on cloud 9 with how great I finally feel. It doesn't take much to make me cry anymore. Little things are insulting. I think it's a combination of getting crappy hours of quality sleep and anxiety about getting everything ready. In other words, it's my problem, no one else's. On one hand I feel like I need an army to come into my house and make it pretty, but on the other hand, I'm completely capable to do it, and should do it, on my own. It's not hard, I just would rather lay down in my cozy bed and hold my belly while my baby furiously kicks and moves. I'll be honest. I don't know what I was thinking when we decided to buy a house - THIS house. I can't help but to think back on a presidency leadership meeting one Sunday morning. A fellow homeowner member added his two cents to the news that we were about to close on our house, saying "Welcome to hell." I didn't believe him at first. Apparently, they were in the process of fixing up theirs in order to sell it. They are currently living in an apartment, and I'm super jealous......My new rule of thumb is, unless you have deep enough pockets to buy a fixer upper, DON'T BUY A FIXER UPPER. Make sure, before you buy, that the owners before didn't paint all the trim and ceilings a pastel pink and/or leave kitty litter boxes full of cat crap in a dark corner in the basement. From here on out, we're either renting or buying brand new and I don't care how much it'll cost. What I wouldn't give to have a new (smaller even) house with that new house smell- you know that smell? Who thinks I should put a FOR SALE sign up and see if anyone bites?! LOL Taylor would killlllll me. He's a much better sport than me. He's also a man. Enough said.

3 comments:

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

I totally feel the same about our house alot of the time.

John and Maren Williams said...

Oh my please sign me up for that new house smell! This old house stinks!!!!!!!

Chris and Daneile said...

Vanessa it sounds like you guys are doing so good! I was just curious as to when your due date was and what color you were doing your nursery in. I would love to send you something. Please keep us updated. Also, I love reading your blog. So please keep the posts coming.