Monday, October 4, 2010

I really don't have swagger

In fact, I feel like a clown most of the day. Seriously, where is my brain?
While I was getting a drink at sonic during happy hour (busy), I managed to run over the curb at the end of the drive-through. I should have reversed, but instead I kept on going. Scuffed something on the bottom of the car, but I was so hot, thirsty, and embarrassed that I just kept driving. whoops. don't tell my husband.

We moved into this house with FOUR trailer loads of stuff. Only 1-1/2 of those loads was of stuff we actually use. The rest was pure junk. Sentimental junk. Over the summer, with my little sick fit, Taylor completely gutted the basement- carpet and anything that wasn't being used. Our basement is currently stark naked.

I feel like I belong in an episode of Hoarders. In attempt to get the baby's room ready, Taylor is currently transferring boxes of junk into the living room (as I watch) for us to go through and basically throw away or move downstairs. We are not hoarders, in fact, we are the opposite. Yet two people's lives sometimes creates a messy room stuffed with packed boxes that gets put off weekend after weekend. I can't tell you how excited I am to finally use this room.

I also can't tell you how thrilled I am to have cooler temps. I only got nauseous TWICE today- first at the library when a guy sitting at the computer next to me was wearing a bottle of cologne (why?!), and second when I was sitting watching TV and my dog farted. Must be from eating all those midget apples falling off our sad apple tree in the back yard.

2 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

haha this made me laugh so hard. i am also a hoarder. at least i feel like it. especially since we have a garage and storage unit full of stuff. without anywhere to live. so we dont use any of it. ah. but i am so bad at getting rid of things. so unlike you i truly am a hoarder. i love that show. bad smells make me sick too and im not pregnant so im sorry. boo to feeling like crap!

sam and kyrsten said...

ps. sorry i didnt answer your question... not great like 19 miles to the gallon on average. but its been so worth it for us.. because we pretty much lived in it and didnt have to pay for hotels. great in the snow! that is one thing we have loved about it! it wont ever get stuck!