Thursday, August 20, 2009

shhhhh...

I think we're leaving tonight as opposed to our planned Friday {tomorrow} morning. It's only about a ten or twelve hour difference, but I guess we will drive through the night and make it home in the morning.

Originally, we were going to end our summer with a bang and drive to Bakersfield first to visit with my brother and his wife. My mom even sent gift cards for Ruby Tuesdays {yum} so we could celebrate the July birthday boys {my bro and Taylor.}

But my brother found out yesterday that he couldn't get out of a night shift, but invited us anyway. Without trying to, he made it sound like we probably wouldn't have fun since he will be sleeping while we were awake. I could find fun things to do with his wife, definitely. But then he informed me that they're also in the middle of moving. Hmm what to do....

Since we didn't want to be a hassle, we decided to skip the visit. :(

The silver lining of this change of plans is that I'll have all day tomorrow to unpack, pay for school, buy my books, and a much needed two days of being with family before the school year madness starts for everybody.

But I haven't told anyone at home we're coming home early so it will be a surprise. My mom is gonna crap her pants. I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

John and Maren Williams said...

So....did she crap her pants?!

sam and kyrsten said...

glad your home! cant believe the summer is over already!