Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Redemption post

Have you ever watched Tosh.o's Redemption videos? I feel like I need about a million redemption posts to make up for the last two depressing ones. Really, my life cannot be reduced to this- there are so many good things going on around me, and when I take my pregnancy blindfold off, I think to myself, "Oh, that is lovely. Life is good. I am so blessed." etc.

Over the summer I developed an obsession with a TV reality show on Bravo called "Bethenny Getting Married?" This woman is crazy, but I love her. I loved her most of all because she was 39 years old, and pregnant with her first baby. I hate to say it, but I lived vicariously through her, watching her do normal everyday things, thinking constantly about food, taking pit stops every hour to get a treat, and putting a nursery together at the last minute. I totally connected to her and her experience, especially since all I can think about is food, and putting a nursery together is the farthest thing from my mind.

I attended my second outing for the summer last Saturday for a Phillips family reunion. It was miserably hot, but I loved seeing everyone and eating potato salad. I love potatoes. The next day, Sunday, out of nowhere, it began to rain. The shift in temperature, mixed with the smell of my mom's ribs and cheesy potato casserole in the oven, reminded me of autumn and winter. I am a true Idaho girl, as I have discovered how much I hate hot weather.  I see leaves on the ground and my heart skips a beat.

I am 18 weeks. Morning sickness is mostly done with. I can eat normally, sleep at my house normally, run errands normally,  clean up after myself normally, return phone calls normally, and think about the exciting near future normally. I'm still working on personal hygiene. Showers still gross me out.
                                                            4 1/2 months, baby!

(ps I want everyone to know how much I truly appreciate their love and concern. I may not show it, but your words of encouragement have gotten me through this rough patch. I only hope someday I can return the favor. I am so blessed to have such loving friends and family.)

3 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

glad your feeling better. hope it continues.

The Grows said...

It makes me laugh that you hate showers. I hate showers right now too. For some reason I think our water smells terrible. No one else can smell it but it makes me stick. I actually have to put a jolly rancher or somthing like that in my mouth so I can't smell it as well. Anyway, i am so glas that you are feeling better and can hopefully enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I am doing a bit better too. Still throw up a few times a week but that is a lot better then a few times a day and way better then it was with Lexi. So, I am pretty happy about it.

John and Maren Williams said...

awe look at your new baby bump! mine is gigantic compared to yours... I think you and taylor should come up for a something now that you are feeling better. Not sure what but we could find something to do, i think. We will be in town next weekend for the Poky marathon so, we may see you then!