Sunday, July 8, 2012

details of my life right now

I know this is just a minor problem, but married people should never be apart for longer than 2 months. EVVER.

I once spent 2 months away from Taylor because I was too pukey from morning sickness to live at our house...The day finally came when I had the energy to drive somewhere, so I got in my car and drove home. It was night time. Taylor was just watching a made for TV  Terminator movie in the dark, by himself. He smiled, then turned off the TV and helped me lay down in bed. I looked forward to night times, at home, in my own bed next to my husband, when the house was cool and not disgustingly smelly. I swore to myself I would never go 2 months without my husband again. It's against everything I believe in.

Fast forward to now. I've been husband-less for 5 months. I'm prepared to go up to 8 months without him. Somehow it's easier because I was emotionally prepared this time, but it's harder because he's my husband, my partner, my best friend. I can't just get in the car and drive to see him, if only for a few hours. He doesn't drive to see me on the weekends, like he did when we dated. His gig just won't end due to budget cuts, like it did for my sister who was on the other side of the world and away from her boyfriend. I am happy she suddenly got to come home, but sad also because I was counting on her and Taylor both returning at the same time. That was the plan.

I hate complaining when there are certainly bigger fish to fry in the world. I'm thankful I'm not sick. I'm thankful I have a little boy who looks like his dad to take care of everyday. It definitely helps the day go by faster. I have come to accept that a lot of my time with Taylor will be spent apart from each other. Life has proven that, thus far, we will be at the mercy of others and other people's plans, which inevitably involve being worlds apart.

No comments: